National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation Website:
- First Nations Education Steering Committee Resources
- Gord Downey's Secret Path
- Monique Gray Smith on "Why we need to learn"
- Carey Newman and "The Witness Blanket"
- Nakusp Secondary School Video
- Yukon Education Student Network School Resources
Authentic K-7 FNESC resources – each elementary school was provided with this kit and it includes many books that can be used for Orange t-shirt day teachings. Ask your PVP to access this kit.
Resources (aussi en français): http://www.orangeshirtday.org/about-us.html
Lesson plans and guides:
- Indian Residential Schools and Reconciliation guide – grade 5
- Indian Residential Schools and Reconciliation guide – grade 10
- Indian Residential Schools and Reconciliation guide – grade 11/12
- Lesson plans from Manitoba Teachers Society
There is an excellent compilaton of resouces for Orange Shirt Day on the BCTF Website
- K-12 curriculum connections
- Sample lessons and templates
- Letter to Prime Minister Trudeau - template
- “Children should feel” + individual responses on feathers - bulletin
- “To help with Reconciliation, you can” activity
- Grade 5 Orange Shirt Day announcement
- Suggested texts